Nevada Rental Laws
Your Guide to helpful links and information for leases, rent, security deposits, tenant screening, real estate and government.
The State of Nevada has 16 counties and 1 independent city totaling 17.
State Rules and Regulations
- Keys Laws Landlords and Tenants Need to Know
- Nevada Residential Landlord and Tenant Code
- Local Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protections
- Nevada Landlord Tenant Handbook
Important Lease Terms
- Amount: 3 Months
- Return Deadline: 30 Days
Fees and Notice
- Applications Fees: No Restrictions
- Termination Notice: 3 days to cure, 2 additional days to vacate
- Tenant Rights to Withhold Rent: Yes or repair and deduct
- Nevada Required Landlord Disclosures
- The Lead Disclosure Rule: Federal law requires that before signing a lease for housing built before 1978, renters must receive The Lead Based Paint EPA Disclosure and Lead Based Paint EPA Pamphlet
Real Estate Links
- Nevada Real Estate Commission
- Nevada Verify Real Estate Agent License
- Verify RE Agent License Nationwide and Canada
- Nevada Landlord Associations
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: Federal Government legislation which promotes the accuracy, fairness, and privacy of consumer information contained in the files of consumer reporting agencies.
- Fair Housing Act: The Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when they are renting, buying, or securing financing for any housing. The prohibitions specifically cover discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability and the presence of children
- Counties covered: Carson City, Churchill, Clark, Douglas, Elko, Esmeralda, Eureka, Humboldt, Lander, Lincoln, Lyon, Mineral, Nye, Pershing, Storey, Washoe, White Pine
- Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
Last Updated: November 10, 2016
No Set Up Fees, No Contracts, No Monthly Minimums!