Arizona Rental Laws
Your Guide to helpful links and information for leases, rent, security deposits, tenant screening, real estate and government.
The State of Arizona has 15 counties.
State Rules and Regulations
- Key Laws Landlords and Tenants Need to Know
- Arizona Residential Landlord and Tenant Code
- Local Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protections
Important Lease Terms
- Amount: 1 and a half months
- Return Deadline: 14 Days
Fees and Notice
- Applications Fees: No Restrictions
- Termination Notice: 5 days for violations materially affecting health and safety; 10 days for other violations of the lease terms.
- Tenant Rights to Withhold Rent: Can Withhold or Repair and Deduct
- Arizona Required Landlord Disclosures
- The Lead Disclosure Rule: Federal law requires that before signing a lease for housing built before 1978, renters must receive The Lead Based Paint EPA Disclosure and Lead Based Paint EPA Pamphlet
Real Estate Links
- Arizona Dept of Real Estate
- Arizona Verify Real Estate Agent License
- Nationwide and Canada Verify Real Estate Agent License
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: Federal Government legislation which promotes the accuracy, fairness, and privacy of consumer information contained in the files of consumer reporting agencies.
- Fair Housing Act: The Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when they are renting, buying, or securing financing for any housing. The prohibitions specifically cover discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability and the presence of children
- Counties covered: Apache ,Cochise ,Coconino ,Gila ,Graham ,Greenlee ,La Paz ,Maricopa, Mohave, Navajo, Pima, ,Pinal ,Santa Cruz ,Yavapai ,Yuma
- Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
Last Updated: November 10, 2016
No Set Up Fees, No Contracts, No Monthly Minimums!