Wyoming Rental Laws
Your Guide to helpful links and information for leases, rent, security deposits, tenant screening, real estate and government.
The State of Wyoming has 23 counties.
State Rules and Regulations
- Keys Laws Landlords and Tenants Need to Know
- Wyoming Residential Landlord and Tenant Code
- Local Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protections:
- Wyoming Landlord Tenant Handbook
Important Lease Terms
- Amount: No Restrictions
- Return Deadline: 30 days, when applying it to unpaid rent (or within 15 days of receiving tenant’s forwarding address, whichever is later); additional 30 days allowed for deductions due to damage
Fees and Notice
- Applications Fees: No Restrictions
- Termination Notice: 3 Days
- Tenant Rights to Withhold Rent: No
- Wyoming Required Landlord Disclosures
- The Lead Disclosure Rule: Federal law requires that before signing a lease for housing built before 1978, renters must receive The Lead Based Paint EPA Disclosure and Lead Based Paint EPA Pamphlet
Real Estate Links
- Wyoming Real Estate Commission
- Wyoming Verify Real Estate Agent License
- Verify RE Agent License Nationwide and Canada
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: Federal Government legislation which promotes the accuracy, fairness, and privacy of consumer information contained in the files of consumer reporting agencies.
- Fair Housing Act: The Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when they are renting, buying, or securing financing for any housing. The prohibitions specifically cover discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability and the presence of children
- Counties covered: Albany, Big Horn, Campbell, Carbon, Converse, Crook, Fremont, Goshen, Hot Springs, Johnson, Laramie, Lincoln, Natrona, Niobrara, Park, Platte, Sheridan, Sublette, Sweetwater, Teton, Uinta, Washakie, Weston
- Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
Last Updated: November 10, 2015
Sign Up for Free Tips, Articles and Updates!