Oregon Rental Laws
Your Guide to helpful links and information for leases, rent, security deposits, tenant screening, real estate and government.
The State of Oregon has 36 counties.
State Rules and Regulations
- Keys Laws Landlords and Tenants Need to Know
- Oregon Residential Landlord and Tenant Code
- Local Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protections
- Oregon Landlord Tenant Handbook
Important Lease Terms
- Amount: No Restrictions
- Return Deadline: 31 Days
Fees and Notice
- Applications Fees: No Restrictions
- Termination Notice: 14 days to cure, additional 16 days to vacate; 10 days to remove an illegal pet.
- Tenant Rights to Withhold Rent: Yes or repair and deduct
- Oregon Required Landlord Disclosures
- The Lead Disclosure Rule: Federal law requires that before signing a lease for housing built before 1978, renters must receive The Lead Based Paint EPA Disclosure and Lead Based Paint EPA Pamphlet
Real Estate Links
- Oregon Real Estate Agency
- Oregon Verify Real Estate Agent License
- Verify RE Agent License Nationwide and Canada
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: Federal Government legislation which promotes the accuracy, fairness, and privacy of consumer information contained in the files of consumer reporting agencies.
- Fair Housing Act: The Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when they are renting, buying, or securing financing for any housing. The prohibitions specifically cover discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability and the presence of children
- Counties covered: Baker, Benton, Clackamas, Clatsop, Columbia, Coos, Crook, Curry, Deschutes, Douglas, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Hood River, Jackson, Jefferson, Josephine, Klamath, Lake, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Malheur, Marion, Morrow, Multnomah, Polk, Sherman, Tillamook, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Wasco, Washington, Wheeler, Yamhill
- Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
Last Updated: November 10, 2015
Sign Up for Free Tips, Articles and Updates!