Idaho Rental Laws
Your Guide to helpful links and information for leases, rent, security deposits, tenant screening, real estate and government.
The State of Idaho has 44 counties.
State Rules and Regulations
- Keys Laws Landlords and Tenants Need to Know
- Idaho Residential Landlord and Tenant Code
- Local Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protections
- Idaho Landlord Tenant Handbook
Important Lease Terms
- Amount: No Restrictions
- Return Deadline: 21 days, or up to 30 days if landlord and tenant agree
Fees and Notice
- Applications Fees: No Restrictions
- Termination Notice: 3 Days
- Tenant Rights to Withhold Rent: No Statute
- Idaho Required Landlord Disclosures: None statewide but check local or county ordinances
- The Lead Disclosure Rule: Federal law requires that before signing a lease for housing built before 1978, renters must receive The Lead Based Paint EPA Disclosure and Lead Based Paint EPA Pamphlet
Real Estate Links
- Idaho Real Estate Commission
- Idaho Verify Real Estate Agent License
- Nationwide and Canada Verify Real Estate Agent License
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: Federal Government legislation which promotes the accuracy, fairness, and privacy of consumer information contained in the files of consumer reporting agencies.
- Fair Housing Act: The Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when they are renting, buying, or securing financing for any housing. The prohibitions specifically cover discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability and the presence of children
- Counties covered: Ada, Adams, Bannock, Bear Lake, Benewah, Bingham, Blaine, Boise, Bonner, Bonneville, Boundary, Butte, Camas, Canyon, Caribou, Cassia, Clark, Clearwater, Custer, Elmore, Franklin, Fremont, Gem, Gooding, Idaho, Jefferson, Jerome, Kootenai, Latah, Lemhi, Lewis, Lincoln, Madison, Minidoka, Nez Perce, Oneida, Owyhee, Payette, Power, Shoshone, Teton, Twin Falls, Valley, Washington
- Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
Last Updated: November 10, 2015
Sign Up for Free Tips, Articles and Updates!