Florida Rental Laws
Your Guide to helpful links and information for leases, rent, security deposits, tenant screening, real estate and government.
The State of Florida has 67 counties.
State Rules and Regulations
- Keys Laws Landlords and Tenants Need to Know
- Florida Residential Landlord and Tenant Code
- Local Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protections
- Summary of Florida Landlord/Tenant Law
- Rights and Duties of Tenants and Landlords by the Florida Bar
- Eviction Information Q&A by FloridaLawHelp,org
- Renters Rights Handbook by Florida PIRG
Important Lease Terms
- Amount: No Restrictions
- Return Deadline: 15 to 60 Days
Fees and Notice:
- Applications Fees: No Restrictions
- Termination Notice: 7 Day Notice
- Tenant Rights to Withhold Rent: Not allowed
- Florida Required Landlord Disclosures
- The Lead Disclosure Rule: Federal law requires that before signing a lease for housing built before 1978, renters must receive The Lead Based Paint EPA Disclosure and Lead Based Paint EPA Pamphlet
County Rules and Regulations
Animal Laws County Links
Real Estate Links
- Florida Real Estate Commission
- Verify Florida State Real Estate Agent License
- Nationwide and Canada Verify Real Estate Agent License
Federal Government Regulations
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: Federal Government legislation which promotes the accuracy, fairness, and privacy of consumer information contained in the files of consumer reporting agencies.
- Fair Housing Act: The Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when they are renting, buying, or securing financing for any housing. The prohibitions specifically cover discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability and the presence of children
- Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Counties Provided: Alachua County, Baker County, Bay County, Bradford County, Brevard County, Broward County, Calhoun County, Charlotte County, Citrus County, Clay County, Collier County, Columbia County, DeSoto County, Dixie County, Duval County, Escambia County, Flagler County, Franklin County, Gadsden County, Gilchrist County, Glades County, Gulf County, Hamilton County, Hardee County, Hendry County, Hernando County, Highlands County, Hillsborough County, Holmes County, Indian River County, Jackson County, Jefferson County, Lafayette County, Lake County, Lee County, Leon County, Levy County, Liberty County, Madison County, Manatee County, Marion County, Martin County, Miami-Dade County, Monroe County, Nassau County, Okaloosa County, Okeechobee County, Orange County, Osceola County, Palm Beach County, Pasco County, Pinellas County, Polk County, Putnam County, St. Johns County, St. Lucie County, Santa Rosa County, Sarasota County, Seminole County, Sumter County, Suwannee County, Taylor County, Union County, Volusia County, Wakulla County, Walton County, Washington County
Last Updated: October 31, 2016
Sign Up for Free Tips, Articles and Updates!